A brief selection of my recent animations.
1. The Night Light – 2D/3D animated short (Illustrator, After Effects, and Maya)
2. Cyclical Fantasies – frame by frame animation (hand-painted)
3. Heinz, Happy 4th – designed with ketchup and animated in After Effects for Heinz social platforms
4. Heinz, Hot Dog Day – designed and animated for Heinz social platforms
5. Clownin’ – 2D animation project (After Effects and Illustrator)
6. Arm & Hammer Logo – 2D/3D animation for Arm & Hammer pitch
7. Arm & Hammer Bumper – video for Arm & Hammer pitch
8. Unnatural History – collage and paint frame by frame animation
Patterned Arcs is a sound visualization program I wrote through which the color, size, and movement of numerous arc shapes corresponds to the frequency and bandwidth of surrounding input audio. The program operates through the Processing language.
These videos show the program in use at a Pratt installation. A microphone hangs from the ceiling to capture incoming sound and to bring the speaker in front of the projector so their silhouette becomes part of the piece.
These images show stills of the program on a computer monitor.
A whimsical animated short that satirizes the practice of planned obsolescence and current methods used for disposing of electronic waste. Written and animated by Katherine Mooney.
This is my first finished project at Pratt for my animation practicum course. The assignment was to create a 15 second animation about anything and using any medium. I wanted to learn more about dynamics in Maya, so I chose a project based on Newton’s cradle. There are a number of kinks that I would like to work out if I had the time, but take a look anyway.
*Music composed by Geoff Danilack
I am officially a Williams College alum! This year, I was voted into the position of Class Artist for my graduating class (2016). As Class Artist, I designed the banner that would lead our grade through the commencement processions. I created a digital design that was then sewn into a fabric banner. Shoutout to Penny Brewer of Brewer Banner Designs for the amazing fabric work.
Me with the final banner:
The digital version:
As for new beginnings, I am ecstatic to write that I will be pursuing a M.F.A in 3D Animation and Digital Effects over the next two years at Pratt Institute! I will continue to write updates on my progress. Wish me luck!
Another mixed media cutout animation video for my honors project.